Wednesday, August 01, 2007 Irina Marcillen : Reminiscing My First Figure

It seems like these days I'm visiting more figures-related blogs. Watching those pics makes me want to get a SLR camera for myself although I don't have any grands to do so (and the skills of course). I guess a normal digicam will do for now.

Nevertheless, it did somehow pushed me to post up my figures pics too. Admittedly, I'm not one of those guys who bought numerous figures per month, I'm just an average joe who collects figures which are nice to my eyes (and under my budget, of course).


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



One of my earliest purchase is Irina Marcillen from Genrin no Kishogun 2 (Princess General 2). It is originated from an erogame from Eushully. The game slightly differs from your average point and click erogame. It has a classic RPG element embedded in the game although the game obviously can't be compared to a FF style RPG.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



I bought the figure for RM195 (around USD60) at Xl-Shop. In fact, it was my first figure I bought from XL. During that time, it was like my Golden Age for figures as I started indulging myself in the world of poison otakuism. (Including the heavy influences from Carol, Masaru and Hajime)

This 1/8 scaled figure is quite high quality. I could hardly see any paint defects or abnormalities. She's wearing a removable translucent robe and skirt which you can see through her inner cloths.

But I guess the main attraction point is the angel-like wings. They are attachable and in fact the only way to remove the outer cloths is by unattached the wings first.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



I have been with Irina for more than a year although most of the time I sealed her inside her box to avoid direct sunlight. But I never even regretted buying her. She's really worth the bucks.

As a side note, I really need to learn basic photography skills. I think I have to put more lighting to the figure. Getting a DSLR is apparently quite impossible for me right now though...